By Guest Writer Maria Estrada, The Lion’s Den Student Newsletter Editor
Cristo Rey Jesuit athletes recently attended the T-CAL, Texas Christian Athletic League, All-Star ceremony in San Antonio for the fifth year running. The ceremony celebrates male and female athletes that performed exceptionally throughout the year and received All-State recognition during fall and winter games. Awards went to the following athletes:
- T’Aira Boyance, 1st Team All-State Player of Year Girls Basketball, 1st time All-Star, making her the youngest player to be nominated and win
- Taylor Sidney, 1st Team All-State for Cheer
- Nicholas Jones, 2nd Team All-State Boys Basketball, 3rd time All-Star, and winner of the Slam Dunk Contest
- Ernest Lowery, Honorable Mention All-State Boys Basketball, 1st time All-star
- Kyani Quarles, 1st Team All-State Girls Basketball, 1st time All-Star, and MVP for the All-Star Game
- Makenzi Rosales, 2nd Team All-State Girls Basketball, 1st time All-Star
- Victoria Guzman, 2nd Team All-State Volleyball, 2nd time All-Star
- Sacha Flynn, 1st Team All-State Player of the Year Candidate Volleyball, 3rd time All-Star
- Zoya-Raine Hicks, 1st Team Volleyball, 1st time All-Star
- Alexis Ramirez, 2nd Team All-State Volleyball, 1st time All-Star
- Manuel Lopez, 2nd Team All-State Boys Soccer, 1st time All-Star
- Miguel Mendez, 2nd Team All-State Boys Soccer, 1st time All-Star
- Coach Reginald Craver was awarded MVP during the Coach’s Game.
Congratulations to all of our athletes!