During an intimate ceremony held in the Father TJ Martinez, SJ, Center for Mission and Ministry on April 26, seven outstanding Cristo Rey Jesuit students were recognized with a Magis Award. Sponsored by an anonymous family, the Magis Awards are given to underclassmen who exemplify our Grad@Grad Values. An additional award is presented to the student who represents Men and Women for Others. The awards are decided by our academic team, our Corporate Work-Study Program team, and President Paul Posoli.
“This is a celebration of our students,” Posoli said. “These students represent what a Jesuit education is all about – developing these men and women as leaders. All of you are role models,” he said to the awardees.
The following students were awarded; however, until they were presented the award, they were unaware which award they were receiving.
- Davis Robinson, Open to Growth
- Maria Alonso, Religious
- Margot Bolanos-Gamez, Intellectually Distinguished
- Sylvester Washington, Loving
- Makenzi Rosales, Work Experienced
- Seth Duron, Committed to Justice
- Alejandro Meraz, Men and Women for Others