Appointed by the Principal, the Athletic Director serves the mission, vision, values, and the community of Cristo Rey Jesuit by promoting the holistic development of the students through athletics in formative and recreational experiences that reflect the Catholic and Jesuit identity of Cristo Rey Jesuit. The athletic director is responsible for supervising, maintaining, organizing, and administering the overall athletics program and ensuring compliance with conference and school policies, rules, and regulations. The Athletic Director represents Cristo Rey Jesuit in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (“TAPPS”), and is responsible for scheduling and supporting all athletics competitions within TAPPS and at sports tournaments.
Student formation and support:
- Promote the holistic development of the students through formative experiences that reflect the Catholic and Jesuit identity of Cristo Rey Jesuit.
- Support CRJ’s shared vision of high expectations for student learning and individual development through an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development.
- Maintain effective communication with the Associate Dean for Student Support to monitor the academic state of all student-athletes and promote high standards for academic success. Refer students to counseling as needed.
- Assess and create athletic policies and procedures in the Athletic Handbook to ensure the promotion of a healthy atmosphere for Athletics.
- Implement management policies, communicate expected student behavior related to athletics, and ensure enforcement of student discipline in accordance with the Student/Parent Handbook and Student Code of Conduct and Athletic Handbook.
- Collaborate with the College Counselors in all aspects related to athletic scholarships in a timely manner.
- Oversee, attend and/or supervise athletic events, contests, athletic dinners, field day, practices and other athletic activities.
- Recruit, interview, hire, onboard, train and supervise qualified coaches and other personnel.
- Follow all TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) rules and regulations and monitor/enforce compliance by coaches.
- Perform the role of Game Day Administrator per TAPPS and school guidelines for athletic contests.
- Compile and prepare the season schedule and roster for each sport.
- Supervise, schedule and confirm games dates and times with opponents
- Coordinate and confirm officials, transportation and game day support (scorebook, clock, etc.) for the athletics department.
- Maintain team and individual records; create and present seasonal sports reports to the Principal.
- Monitor the maintenance of all athletic facilities and report to the Facilities Director.
- Develop and administer the athletics budget for athletic needs and activities ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of all athletics expenditures.
- Maintain an updated inventory of athletic equipment, uniforms, and materials.
- Foster positive community relations and maintain positive communication with, but not limited to parent, student, faculty, staff, administration, the communications department, board and executive committee members, media, officials and athletic association leaders and members.
- Attend workshops, conferences, seminars as they pertain to the area of responsibility.
- Assist in planning and implementation of athletic facility expansion and renovation as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state policies governing athletics
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills: active listening, teamwork, dependability, leadership, motivation, flexibility, multi-tasking ability
- Bachelor's degree in Education
- Minimum of 3 + years of successful teaching and coaching experience
- Current first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificates
- Computer proficiency in programs and digital platforms related to the job responsibilities