Members of the Cristo Rey Jesuit Faculty are primarily responsible for facilitating student learning and the assessment of that learning; supervising students, ensuring their safety and compliance with school rules and policies and participating in the ongoing development of the School’s program of studies. A member of the Cristo Rey Jesuit faculty seeks ways to teach and model being men and women for others. He/she interacts in a positive and caring way with students by offering academic and personal guidance and takes an active position in celebrating the Catholic and Jesuit beliefs of Cristo Rey Jesuit. Preference is given to candidates willing to get involved in the school community by moderating clubs and coaching athletic teams.
We are currently recruiting for:
9th/10th Grade Math Teacher
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan lessons in conjunction with colleagues in the subjects he/she will teach.
- Utilize pedagogical competency and expertise in his/her discipline, design authentic assessments and facilitate effective classroom experiences designed to optimize student performance of those assessments.
- Make full use of classroom time for instructional activity and learning through a variety of teaching methods and techniques.
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Grade students’ assignments promptly and post grades in a timely manner.
- Communicate with parents and Academic Leadership about students’ progress.
- Work with individual students to challenge them, improve their abilities, and work on their areas of weaknesses.
- Responsible for the comportment and discipline of the students during the school day and communicating disciplinary issues with the Dean of Student Affairs.
- Understand and implement the School’s Mission.
- Be actively involved in the School’s religious life and have a pastoral attitude toward the students entrusted to Cristo Rey Jesuit.
- Meet periodically with the Academic Administration of the School and keep them informed of important issues related to responsibilities outlined herein.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with the Academic Administration of the School.
Bachelor’s Degree is required; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
State of Texas Teacher's Certification is strongly preferred. In lieu of state certification, the candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in the content area the candidate seeks to teach and the candidate must have at least 12 credit hours in education. If candidate does not have state certification, they must be willing to complete state certification within the first two years of employment.
Candidates for Theology Teacher must be a practicing Catholic in good standing and have a bachelor's degree (including 12 credit hours in education) with a major in Theology from an accredited Catholic college or University.
Prior teaching at a Catholic High School is preferred.
Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Software, and PowerSchool Academic Record Keeping Software is preferred.
Please submit the cover letter, resume, school transcripts, and Application for Employment to Caitlin Weber and email@example.com
The Application for Employment can be found here
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org