This position is primarily responsible for coordinating the delivery of essential facility maintenance and custodial services, recommending priorities for needed repairs and renovations, coordinating facilities set up for special events, and directing the development of contingency plans for extraordinary grounds and maintenance efforts under emergency conditions.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and maintain a preventive maintenance program for all building and mechanical systems to ensure all equipment and fixtures are functioning optimally.
- Schedule and oversee maintenance and repairs to ensure efficient operation of all building and grounds systems including HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, fire protection, waste management, and landscaping.
- Retain and supervise vendors for these purposes.
- Oversee the services provided by the custodial company to ensure the school remains clean and well maintained.
- Oversee the services provided by security personnel, which may include employees, outside services and police officers.
- Oversee the school’s access control systems (alarm, parking gates); be available to respond to fire and burglar alarms; diagnose and repair problems as needed.
- Ensure initial and ongoing adherence to all City and State operating certification requirements. Schedule required service and inspections in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement an effective system to ensure prompt responses for repair and maintenance requests.
- Schedule and oversee all summer cleaning and repair projects.
- Prepare report, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history. Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment, and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of school improvements, capital projects and expansions.
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Coordinate damage assessment and necessary repairs in case of natural disasters.
- Coordinate facilities set up and break down for school events.
- Manage calendar for facilities (gym, TJMCMM, etc.)
- Assist with hiring of maintenance and security personnel.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two-year related training plus three years of experience.
· Knowledge in the areas of plumbing, electrical, light carpentry and mechanical systems.
· Ability to stay organized while multi-tasking and work well in a fast-paced environment.
· This position is very active and requires, among others, standing, walking, bending, and crouching. Successful applicant will be able to lift or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required, such as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
· Applicants must be able to pass a background check and will receive safe-environment training.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com