The Campus Ministry Associate is tasked with fostering the spiritual formation of students, faculty, staff and families of Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston. Inspired by our Jesuit charism, the Campus Ministry Associate will work closely with the Dean of Campus Ministry, with school leadership, and with student leaders in order to develop and carry out a robust Campus Ministry program.
- Assist in the coordination of liturgies, in particular, in the training of acolytes, extraordinary ministers of the Eucharist, and lectors.
- Assist in planning and leading a comprehensive retreat program (including overnight retreats) for students, faculty, staff, and families.
- Assist in planning Building the Kingdom Day and in implementing service and immersion programs.
- Develop and deliver content for school-wide morning prayer and Examen.
- Maintain a ministry of welcoming presence and provide opportunities for pastoral care and spiritual conversation for students, faculty, staff, and families.
- Promote vocations to priesthood and religious life among Cristo Rey Jesuit students. .
- Promote the Cristo Rey Jesuit Volunteer Service Corps, and provide spiritual support and formation to its members.
- Complete other duties/projects as assigned.
- The ideal candidate would be a practicing Roman Catholic who embodies Gospel values and who is well-versed in Ignatian Spirituality.
- Experience working in Catholic youth ministry is preferred.
- Experience in working in a Catholic, Jesuit school is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, Theology, or Ministry is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and in the Google Suite is preferred.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume.