The Director of Finance and Human Resources is a senior leadership position primarily responsible for the administration of all financial and human resources functions of the school. In this role, the director manages an $8 million annual operating budget and serves a community of about 90 employees and 530 students. The director supervises a team of three employees.
- Oversees all financial activities of the school, including preparing the overall operating budget for submission to the Board of Trustees. Approves operating expenditures and works with department heads to manage allocation of funds.
- Manages the school’s financial/banking relations and monitors cash positions in all accounts to provide for operations of the school. Manages finances and reporting for the Cristo Rey Jesuit Houston Foundation, the school’s endowment fund.
- Oversees all accounting functions related to expenditures and collection and recording of revenues from the Corporate Work-Study Program, contributions and tuition. Oversees monthly closing processes and preparation of monthly financial statements for Board of Trustees. Oversees preparation of the annual financial statements, Forms 990 and the annual audit. Manages preparation of annual report to the Cristo Rey Network.
- Participates in general and committee meetings of the Board of Trustees and the Foundation Board. Implements directives of the Board as delegated by the President. Assists the Board of Trustees and school President in the development of a strategic plan, a five-year operating and capital improvements budget. Implements financial and investment strategies to maintain long-term financial sustainability.
- Works with outside providers to manage property, liability, vehicle, workers’ compensation, student accident, and other business insurance coverage.
- Works with the Admissions department to evaluate applicants’ financial position for compliance with Cristo Rey Network Standard 2.
- Working with President, recommends and implements employee compensation structure, employee policies and procedures. Communicates relevant information to employees on a timely basis.
- Processes semi-monthly payroll and maintains payroll records through third-party payroll company; ensures that all tax reporting requirements are fulfilled on a timely basis. Processes student payroll as needed.
- Administers all employee benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance and savings plan. Works with benefits broker to evaluate, recommend and select health and wellness plans each year. Oversees annual open enrollment process and assists employees with ongoing utilization of their benefits.
- Oversees hiring process, onboarding of new employees, and annual teacher contract renewals, ensuring compliance with employment laws and Archdiocesan requirements. Oversees all human resource processes and record keeping, including annual performance reviews, performance improvement plans, employee handbooks, and personnel files.
- Serves as employee relations liaison for performance issues, behavior issues and employee concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or relevant business major from a four-year college or university.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Five to ten years financial and administrative experience in private school or other nonprofit organization.
- At least five years of human resources experience and direct application of employee practices.
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to Catholic and Jesuit, faith-based education.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in the dynamic, fast-paced environment of an urban high school.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting software, payroll and benefits systems, Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with Google products is a plus.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.